The Active Recovery Clinic offers massage therapy at our location in the Courtice Medical Centre. Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body. All of our registered massage therapists bring with them many years of experience in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries.
Many extended healthcare plans provide at least partial coverage for massage therapy. Call your personnel department for details on your coverage.
Evening appointments are available!
The Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Decreased body tension and emotional stress
- Improved range of motion
- Decreased swelling and inflammation
- Decreased pain, stiffness and muscle spasms
- General relaxation and health maintenance
- Prevention and management of stress related disorders
- Aids in the removal of tissue toxin
- Prevention and management of sports injuries
- Treatment of pain in muscles from pregnancy and supporting extra weight and reduce excess fluid retention by increasing circulation
Massage Therapy is Effective for Those Suffering from:
- Whiplash/car accident injuries
- Headaches - tension and migraines
- Back and neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- Chronic stress and related disorders
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain
- Discomfort due to pregnancy