The Oshawa Clinic Covid-19 vaccine clinic
ASTRAZENECA COVID-19 VACCINE
Effective May 11, Ontario will be pausing the rollout and administration of the first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
AstraZeneca 2nd Dose Update:
Effective June 4, 2021, and in alignment with NACIs recommendation, Ontarians who have received their first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can receive a second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine or an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) vaccine for their second dose. Both second-dose options available to individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine are safe and provide strong protection against COVID-19, and will count as a completed series.
Second doses will be provided at the recommended 8-week interval.
contact patients who received their first dose AstraZeneca vaccines at our
clinic and ask them to reschedule a 2nd dose appointment at 8 weeks.
We ask that if you rebook your 2nd dose appointment at another location, please call the office to cancel your appointment with us by calling our 24-hour cancellation line at 905-721-7009 so we can offer this availability to others looking for an appointment. Individuals who received their first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine and who choose to receive an mRNA vaccine for their second dose can register for a "second dose only" 8-week interval through the provincial booking system. Eligible individuals will also schedule their second dose appointment directly through the Durham Region Health Department website: www.durham.ca.
We will continue to be active participants in the administration of vaccination as it remains of utmost importance in the efforts to combat COVID-19 and reopen Ontario. Please see the Durham Public Health website for the most up-to-date information.
MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE
The Oshawa Clinic Group will be opening a Moderna Vaccine clinic June 26th.
Patients will need to select one of the following priority groups when booking for their appointment. The vaccine clinic will be open to all patients, not just rostered patients.
1. 1st dose appointments are available for any Durham Region resident 18+ (Moderna Vaccine)
2. 2nd dose appointments are available for anyone 70+ who received their 1st dose of Moderna at least 28 days ago. (Moderna Vaccine)
3. 2nd dose appointments are available for anyone who had a first dose of Moderna before May 30, 2021. (Moderna Vaccine)
4. 2nd dose appointments are available for anyone who had a first dose of AstraZeneca at least 8 weeks ago and wants Moderna as their second dose. (Moderna Vaccine)
5. 2nd dose appointments are available for anyone who had a first dose of AstraZeneca on or before April 29 and wants AstraZeneca as a second dose. **this option will only open when we receive supply of AstraZeneca vaccine.**
Please review the following questions and see if you qualify to get your vaccine at the clinic.
BOOK MODERNA VACCINE APPOINTMENT
Redirect to ocean